Friday, September 30, 2011

Still Life Fruit


I chose a photo that my sister took on her mission in the Philippines.  This is what we ate every day.  I loved the colors.  I decided to do glazing with the tomatoes in order to make them more vibrant.



Here I layered the Cadmium Red over the Azo Yellow on the tomatoes.



I continued to render out the picture with Azo yellow, Cadmium red, Cerulean blue, and a little Quinacridone Rose.



I put in some of the darkest darks with a mixure of Pthalo blue.



This is the final painting.  I decided to use a small format and take advantage of a white paper border.  I loved the Arches watermark in the bottom left hand corner, and so in the beginning I decided to paint the picture small and leave the watermark in the corner.  This way I can float it in a frame.



Here's the watermark I loved so much.

1 comment:

  1. Delightful checker board and radial design composition device. Interesting Red Yellow and Blue again like your white barn. The Tomatoes could use more highlights they are very much the same.

    ReplyDelete